Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Nash Equilibrium

Many of you might have heard of John Nash, or at least you might have seen the movie about him, vividly presented on screen a few years ago. You would expect that anything thought by a Nobel Prize winner is definitely not something you’d try to teach to some beginners economics class students. Well, guess again…

Today, in a record breaking 37 minutes, I was “taught” the basics of the Nash Equilibrium in an amazing pace where, I sort of understood was they where trying to teach me, however, I didn’t completely get the point of it.

Either (1) The Nash Equilibrium is a fancy way of explaining how my competing counterpart in business can take advantage of me, or (2) I will be soon winning the Nobel Peace Prize for …dramatic interpretation of commonly known facts of life. Is that an award?

I don’t know, maybe I’m wrong, but I certainly am disappointed with my economics class. I don’t get anything, I certainly am learning bits and pieces, I feel stupid every time I walk into the room, but I feel completely incompetent walking out of it…

Only God knows what will be of us…

Ehl.

No comments: